Re: [ST] Triumph's absence at the shows

Howlin

I would have thought that comparing Triumph and BMW on investment was
about  as wild as you can get.

If you want to back existing winners then BMW are a sure bet.

Some prefer to back the underdog provided they don't get too arrogant.

But then I'm British.

I do think that Triumph are too aloof from their customers/supporters
though.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> MFay@xxxxxxxxx 09/12/2005 09:00:46 >>>
I've always been disappointed with Triumphs attitude to the shows.

They don't support the Irish bike show although a few of the dealers
have
had Triumphs on their own stands. This year they should have had a 1050
ST,
1050 Speed Triple and a 2300cc (I just love saying that!) Rocket III.
Add a
few jackets, Tees and caps for sale and that would have been a good
showing.
Not particularly expensive and very beneficial to the marque in this
country. I remember when I started looking at Triumphs in the first
place,
There was huge owner enthusiasm for the marque and the factory made an
effort to liase with the fans. Pointed examples would be Ross
Cliffords
contributions to triumphnet, Jack Lilleys sponsorship of the list,
Triumphs
sponsorship of the photo competitions and the ST questionnaire which
seems
to have been taken into account with the design of the new 1050. Over
the
last few years I've seen the support and enthusiasm of the distributors
and
dealers over here wane to the point where owning a Triumph has become
an
expensive PITA. Most dealers won't have anything to do with them and as
result most potential owners go elsewhere. Even dealing with the
distributors directly trade in values are insulting and warranty claims
take
months. Come February I myself will be abandoning Triumph and taking
my
business elsewhere and that is largely due to Triumphs negligence of
its
customers rather than the products, which I still believe are best in
class.

BMW on the other hand have put in a fantastic effort over the last few
years
and have massively improved their image with the public as a result.
Very
professional stands at the shows, huge factory and dealer support for
owners
and active marketing have made the product available, desirable and
(more
importantly) easy to live with. Guess where I'm spending my money this
year!

Howlin' Dawg
Ireland