Re: [ST] Triumph's absence at the shows

Howlin'

OK I have to sympathise with you.  Methinks if Triumph are fighting to
get production to meet demand they need to put their resources there.

There's no point in promoting a product (increasing demand) if you
can't deliver it.  The money is not just wasted, it actually makes life
harder for you.

It sounds like they could do with borrowing more but then that risk
could send them to the wall again.

I'll try to be patient.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> MFay@xxxxxxxxx 09/12/2005 10:04:34 >>>
> Some prefer to back the underdog provided they don't get too
arrogant.

Well I've been backing Triumph for the last seven years and have
probably
done more positive promotion for the marque than anyone else in the
country,
even to the point of having a customised Speed Triple as centrepiece of
my
stand at the Dublin bikeshow. The final straw was when I was offered a
45%
depreciation on a six month old bike as a trade in on a 1050 by
Triumphs own
importers and was waiting six weeks for a warped brake disc to be
replaced
by the same organisation. And that's dealing directly with Triumph,
imagine
if I was trying to deal through a dealership.

Two of the bikes on my shortlist for a new bike in '06 were Triumphs,
speed Triple 1050 and Daytona 675.
Disinterest in the customers by the distributors and the factory made
me
discount those options despite my wife strongly urging me towards the
675.
This year my stand at the bike show will probably feature a Moto
Guzzi.

Howlin' Dawg,
Ireland

The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted
with it is confidential and may be subject to legal professional
privilege.  It is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s).
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please note
that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing,
copying or transmission of this e-mail and/or any file transmitted
with it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please promptly
inform the sender by reply e-mail and delete the material.
Whilst this e-mail message has been swept for the presence of
computer viruses, eircom does not, except as required by law,
represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity
of this communication has been maintained nor that
the communication is free of errors, viruses, interception or
interference.