Re: [ST] Triumph's absence at the shows

> BMW on the other hand have put in a fantastic effort over the last few
> years
> and have massively improved their image with the public as a result.

Yeah, BMW may have put a lot into their image, but unfortunately, I don't
think they have put as much effort into customer satisfaction and quality
control.  As an owner of two BMWs and five Triumphs, I have many more
problems with the Beemers than I have ever have with the Triumphs.  Service
on the Beemers has been spotty at the best, the dealerships are shrinking in
the US (the St. Louis one is closing in December), and I'm pretty well fed
up with BMW customer care.  Their answer to a warranty claim is "we made the
bike so there can't be anything wrong with it - it must be your fault".
Their image may well be great with the people that go to shows, read
magazines, etc., but its not too great with many people that ride a lot.  I
buy a bike to ride, not to trade in, and you can't get much riding done when
the bike is in the shop, as my K1200LT often is.  BMW has the same kind of
following that Harley has, there are tons of "brand loyal" riders that
refuse to look at the facts, and constantly tout BMW as the greatest of all
bikes.  Hogwash!!

Just my $.02 from an owner of both,
Dave