Re: [ST] Triumph's absence at the shows

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 MFay@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

-At the end of the day a bad dealer can do a lot of damage to a brands
-reputation and desirability in a specific area. Not a big problem with the
-Japanese big four, there's another dealer 20 miles away. It's a bigger
-problem for niche marques like KTM, BMW, Guzzi, Triumph etc... The factory
-needs to make sure that the dealers tow the line and at the same time
-support them in delivering outstanding customer service.

How true.  Unfortunately here in central Ohio (USA) we're a bit stuck for a
dealer.  The local outfind, Hinds, is a multibrand shop that's been in
business for sometime but for some reason doesn't send techs to Triumph school
and (horror of horrors) when a co-worker went to visit to look at Triumphs on
my suggestion, was told by a salesperson in no uncertain terms that "you don't
want one of those, look over here" as she steered him toward the Yama-sakis.

I only wish Triumph were auditing performance of their dealers and correcting
such problems.  A little training in customer service and product
information would go a loooong way.

As a result, many of us use Joe's in Dayton, Cleveland-Akron Honda, and
Triumph of Windber (great shop) in PA.

Is Triumph listening?

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\