Re: [ST] Triumph's absence at the shows

On Dec 9, 2005, at 8:09 AM, David Gilmore wrote:

> BMW has the same kind of
> following that Harley has, there are tons of "brand loyal" riders that
> refuse to look at the facts, and constantly tout BMW as the greatest
> of all
> bikes.

I believe there is a direct relationship to the cost of a bike and
expressed loyalty. It's hard to admit you made a mistake purchasing a
bike that costs $15-20K.

My opinion of BMW was firmly cemented back in 1985 when I was working
at a Suzuki  dealership. A customer came in wanting to buy a new bike
because he was so pissed off that his beemer suffered $2000 in damage,
just from falling over in a parking lot. Back in 1985, $2000 got you
about halfway to a brand new GSXR1100.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned