From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Harwood
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 11:39 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] 99 ST

Steve

I don't believe any have been reported to have failed in use.  It's
when they're being engaged/disengaged that they cannot take the
stresses.

http://www.broadcastcsl.co.uk/Bikes/Sprint%20RS%20Fuel%20Connector%20lab
elled.JPG

if you want to see it.

I was reconnecting it and applying a gentle circular motion with my
forefinger pressing in the centre.  It may have been the pull of the
fuel pipe that triggered it.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

In a previous email, Neil Lindsey wrote:

> Sorry, but the fuel connector recall applied to ALL 955 Sprints (ST
and
> RS) from 1999 to 2004 inclusive (and quite a few other models too).
>
> Check here to verify --->    http://tinyurl.com/83oph

I didn't know that. The "Blue Devil I" met an untimely death at the
hands of a left turning Volvo about two years before the recall was
initiated. It had the original connectors and lasted 12,000 miles and
two days shy of two years without any problem.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil II"

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with
potatoes."
             -- Douglas Adams