[ST] Random notes on projects

So with the winter, my projects on the bike continue.  I received my Givi topbox with backrest and stoplight (all had to be assembled).  I undertook mounting it to the ST and took pictures along the way.  I'll post them up when I get a chance.  The black gloss (n902) color looks like it was produced for the bike, and matches exactly with the Triumph side bags - even in the way the gloss black is on half of the case and a matte black on the other half.  I think this smaller box looks really good (and better than the Triumph mothership in my opinion).  The whole thing including wiring the stoplight was fairly easy.

  Now back to the frame sliders that have not been easy at all.  So I have the bike all apart (took apart the cockpit to switch to the Sylvania Silverstar lights too - and that started a complete disassembly).  So with the tank, all body work and the such removed I was able to remove one bolt.  I was able to place a box wrench down through the frame on the backside bolt, and brace it against the frame.  Then on the T55 torx bolt I almost literally bounced up and down on the wrench, heard a "crack", and then the bolt started turning.  Appears that the bolt was corroded in place - the "crack" was it breaking free.  So I now have the right side frame slider on.  This gave me renewed hope, so I went on to the left one.  Similar setup, box wrench dropped down from above inside frame and between frame and motor.  The only thing breaking free is my skin from my hands and fingers as this f*&cker just won't budge!!!  Gave it all my weight bouncing on it and the d@mmed thing won't budg
 e.
 GRRRRR....

  Licking my wounds and will look at it again when I have time during the week.

  Matt Heyer