Re: [ST] Random notes on projects

>From: Matthew Heyer
>$99 for a torque wrench (5 to 80 ft-lbs, or 110 N*m) that should came in handy
>going forward.  Oh well. So anyway, frame sliders are now on.....

Congratulations, Matt. I guess the costs of the wrench (and the sliders) might
pay back very quickly for themselves the first time you drop the bike. The sliders
paid themselves back for me at least, when I locked up the front brake at low speed
when filtering across a blocked crossing. A small car filtering right to left across
the same crossing appeared from behind a bus at the same time I was passing the
bus, so we surprised each other (and I guess I wasn't paying attention for a
fraction of a second when listening to my radio, I could have expected something).
Front wheel skidded just before I was standing still, sliding to the left,
dropping the bike on the right side. Practically no damage at all except the
little ornamental rubbery-plastic ring that's stuck on the end of the slider.
I got a free stick-on ring to replace the damaged one, it looks like nothing
happened now :-).

Emile
www.piloot.com