Re: [ST] Random notes on projects

"And there was much rejoicing..."

From: Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Random notes on projects
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 04:55:36 -0800 (PST)

Well the "solution" was rather simple.  I went on the premise that a longer
socket wrench would give me more leverage.  My current 3/8" drive socket
wrench was only about 10" long.  However, finding a longer socket wrench for
a 3/8" drive was a little harder than I expected (for a 1/2" drive, the
options were plentiful).  I ended up finding a torque wrench (which heck, I
could probably use anyway) that had the longest arm for a 3/8" socket -
about 18"-19" or so.  Saddled that up and heard the same "crack" when the
nut gave loose.  So that pesky side is taken care of.  $99 for a torque
wrench (5 to 80 ft-lbs, or 110 N*m) that should came in handy going forward.
  Oh well.  I should have done that long ago in the process and saved my
hands/knuckles and the neighbors' kids' ears from the
profanities.....sometimes I'm just stubborn I guess.

   So anyway, frame sliders are now on.....

   Matt Heyer