Re: [ST] Removing the mirrors & turnsignals

Thanks once again Matt. If I feel the need, I'll ask for the order from the manual but I should be okay. I just didn't want to do alot of extra work if I didn't have to.
  I should keep a lookout for a service manual on ebay. That has to be VERY handy.
  Kev

Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  If you remove the front fairing, you will easily see where that nut came from and can most likely re-attach. It's really not that hard. If you have the service manual it tells you the order. If not, I can jot it down in an email for you.

Matt Heyer

Kevin Byram wrote:
Thanks for the advice Matt & Fred,
When I removed one of the mirror mount bolts, a nut fell down on the floor from underneath the fairing somewhere. Maybe someone jury rigged something on that side.
Matt - sounds like the bike is coming along well. That's gonna be a pretty trick ride this spring. Enjoy.
Kevin

Matthew Heyer wrote:
Unscrew the bolts under the mirror boots and mirrors will pull off (with about innch bolts) - the "nut" end is attached to the gauge cluster plastic - ne need to hold it.

The blinker assembly is much easier to get at with the side panels off - yes you unbolt from the inside.

Hope that helps,

Matt Heyer

Kevin Byram wrote:
Hi,
I'm replacing the front turn signals and right mirror on my used '01 ST. The lenses are broken off the originals and the right side mirror is rashed. Do you have to remove a fairing panel to get the mirrors off? I see two 10mm bolts under the rubber cover. How do you get to the nuts on the back?
As for the front turnsignals, these look like you can just reach in and unbolt from inside the fairing, No?.
Thanks fellas and Happy New Year