Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 9, Issue 41

Is that correct (not doubting - just verifying as I've heard different
things, and I see kits to upgrade to SS brake lines.  Or are braided and
>Stainless Steel not inherently the same when speaking of motorycle brake
lines)?

I have seen it said on numerous threads on several Triumph lists that they
are SS. Mostly in the context that you are wasting money to buy SS lines.
They sure feel like SS lines.   Again, SS isn't necessarily SS.  Justin said
words to the effect that SS lines are stronger.  If you do a bit of research
on that you'll see that all the SS does is protect the tube with some small
reinforcement role possible.  In my opinion, no real proof, but I would
replace them at some interval a bit less than forever, whether 4 or 6 years
is the right answer who knows.  My rational is that rubber, SS, Teflon,
Kevlar or paper that tube is being stressed and relieved over and over and
surely must be subject to fatigue.
Rod