Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 9, Issue 41

I have found that if you exercise the pistons without even cleaning them the
brakes feel better for a long time.  Mine are just getting the "long travel"
syndrome and it's been over a year since I exercised them.  I'm going to do
something with the brakes during the off season.  A good clean job is the
cheapest thing I can do that actually shows up on the road.  I've been
kicking around getting that SkyKing MC/extra line kit, but I know it is
tossing bucks down the sewer. My rationale is that $140 spread over four
months of reduced ride time isn't all that expensive and the brakes will
bleed easier.  I've had a couple of guys who really know what they are
talking about (one works for Carbonne Lorraine) tell me that a larger M/C
and possibly the second line helps to keep the pistons from sticking, but it
is the sticking pistons that are the true source of long lever travel.
Rod