From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sprint ST
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 4:11 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 9, Issue 41

I have found that if you exercise the pistons without even cleaning them
the brakes feel better for a long time.  Mine are just getting the "long
travel" syndrome and it's been over a year since I exercised them.  I'm
going to do something with the brakes during the off season.  A good clean
job is the cheapest thing I can do that actually shows up on the road.
I've been kicking around getting that SkyKing MC/extra line kit, but I
know it is tossing bucks down the sewer. My rationale is that $140 spread
over four months of reduced ride time isn't all that expensive and the
brakes will bleed easier.  I've had a couple of guys who really know what
they are talking about (one works for Carbonne Lorraine) tell me that a
larger M/C and possibly the second line helps to keep the pistons from
sticking, but it is the sticking pistons that are the true source of long