Re: [ST] Brakes, etc

I didn't care for the stock brakes on my RS. So I purchased the SkyKing M/C upgrade and extra brake line. EBC HH pads too. Definate improvement over stock, but you DO need to exert more force on the lever due to the larger M/C diameter. I keep the calipers pretty clean as it's no big deal to yank them, remove the pads and squirt some brake cleaner around in there.

All that said, the brakes on my new Kawasaki ZX-6R (636cc) are in another league (better) than the RS. Better feel, more power. Pretty much everything about the 636 is better than the RS. It's even reasonably comfy. Still enjoy riding the RS though, despite it's short-comings. It just takes a lot more rider involvement, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Garry