Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 9, Issue 4 Dragon RAID

You don't have to go east versus west to say that the Dragon is over-rated.
Road is road west or east.  Just because you have some higher hills west of
the Mississippi doesn't make the road better or worse.  There are much
better roads around the Dragon than the Dragon itself.  The Dragon has too
much traffic, too many squids, and for me is way too tight to be fun.  Far
too many guys add to the hype of the Dragon.  Far too many guys become part
of the woodwork too.  I think back in August the count was 3 dead.  I know
that every time I have traveled through the Dragon someone was pulling
plastic or complete bikes out of the ditches.

If anyone is new to the area around Deals Gap, I know that there are three
or four guys on the list besides me that can give you a list of lots of
roads that are as much or more fun than US129 at Deals Gap. You may not be
able to brag as much about them but you sure can have a lot of fun on them.
Rod