Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 9, Issue 41

You can use any brake cleaner available from auto parts stores and comes
in spray cans.  Just be sure you use eye goggles as it's real nasty
stuff.  Check the can you buy to make sure it's not going to attack your
rubber brake parts.

I use a child's tooth brush to help loosen up the grunge on the pistons
and flush it out with more brake cleaner.  If you accidentally pop the
piston out of the caliper, you might as well do them all, you're going
to be bleeding the system anyway.

For putting pistons back in the caliper, you shouldn't use any kind of
lubricant other than clean brake fluid.  Do NOT use grease or other type
of lubrication of any kind around the brakes.  Can't think of anything
that would DEcrease your braking power more than grease on the pads or
rotors.  Remember that brake fluid eats paint.

Dan Wallander
Albuquerque, NM