RE: [ST] Rocket

To my knowledge, there are no active RAT groups in FL, other that the
one that Pete and Irma Peterson run for D&D in Pensacola.

RotLE has about 250 members here, but only West Palm Bch, Stuart,
Sebastian and Jacksonville have regular meetings and rides.  I have been
asked about starting a RAT by several dealers, but it's pretty much of a
conflict of interest.

Even with all our members, you never know who will turn out.  We must
have had 50 plus on the ride to Hurricane Harry's in Punta Gorda, but
last week the ride around Lake Okeechobee had a max of 9 and only 3 made
the whole trip.  Quien sabe?

RAT does throw some good raids, the Dragon especially.  I'm looking
forward to Red Rocks in April.  Jim Callahan is moving over to
direct/ride in the Thruxton challenge in AHRMA racing and his
replacement is due in about 10 days.  Both he and the previous RAT boy,
Greg Casey, are avid riders and good fellows.

But like I said, it's worth the dues not to have to stand in line for an
hour at 7:00 am for demo rides, especially if you are only in town for
the day.

Andrew F. Kay, Jr.
Riders of the Lost Empire, LC,  13355 79th Street, Fellsmere, FL 32948
www.lostempire.com   andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Sound, sound the clarion, fill the fife, throughout the sensual world
proclaim, one crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a
name." Thomas Osbert Mordaunt, 1730-1809