RE: [ST] chain oilers

>I get between 10,000 to 20,000 kms from a chain and sprockets depending on how fussy I am about keeping it clean and lubed.

I got 27000 kms from my last chain without chain oiler.

I use the bike mainly for commuting. I clean it .. sometimes and doing 100km a day, I think I apply grease every 1000-1500 km except for several following rainy days or salted roads where I try to apply grease every 500-1000 kms.

No doubt an oiler may be a good thing, but for my own experience, apart chain quality, driving habit is more important. I have bought a house far from town and my commuting is mainly highways / roads. Before it was roads/town. Chain life has been multiplied by 2.

With the Daytona, same chain brand and characteristics but different roads and more agressive driving habits, I get 12000 kms.

Pascal Auger
'00 silver Daytona 955
'01 blue Sprint ST
France