[ST] Stepper Motor - Interesting

I was poking around my motor yesterday looking for more insight into my stalling problem and I was wondering.  The stepper motor, used for idle air intake I presume, was looked a bit soiled.  Can I spray carb cleaner into the thing without ill effect to clean it up?  I didn't notice any visible cracking of the housing or lines, and that pht, pht sound I was hearing is coming from that.  Maybe it's a bit clogged from the black soot I see and it's struggling to suck enough air.

After all this hot air I'm blowing, bottom line is can I clean it with carb cleaner?

Rich