Re: [ST] What do you do?

Pat,

I think we all know about overhead and operational costs but the fact is
that most shop's labor rates are ridiculous.  And don't forget that
they're making money on the parts they sell you too so it's not like
they're trying to cover all the overhead with the labor.  For the most
part it's a captive market, that is to say that the average joe (not
most of us here) don't want to deal with oil changes etc. and assumes
that the dealer has their best interest in mind when performing service
(HA!).  I'm a firm believer that most shops are taking advantage of
customers with shop labor rates.

Just my opinion though. I've never run any kind of business and don't
know what the average mechanic makes but I'd bet a pint of your choice
that it's not $20/hr.

Nate
00SprintRS