From: Unk
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 11:41 AM
To: captainquack@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] What do you do?

Hi Andy!
You are right. It is a big expenditure to open and run a dealership. To
add to your thoughts..... we have 4,000 square feet and that is not big
enough. That pushes rent to about $6000.00. Garage owners liability
required in XXX is horrendous for motorcycle stores. That pushes
insurance costs to $2000. a month. You need decent employee benefits to
keep good people....Letters of credit backed by cd's to have the
floorlines for the bikes......Then there all the other things you
mention including the special tools and parts packages from the
manufacturer (An illuminated sign is $1200.00). Oh, and no one comes if
you don't advertise, as well as have listings in the yellow pages. Not
for the faint of heart. It is like starting a small franchised auto
dealership from scratch. Glad you  pointed this out. Most people have no
idea of the costs of doing this business properly. THANKS!!! Anonymous

: captainquack@xxxxxxxxxx