[ST] Re: TriumphSTDigest Re: Sprint 2002 Rear Bearing Failure - the story continues

Harry.I've heard of this happening to others. A few questions, please:
1) do you EVER clean the rear axel assemble with a water based material vs
hydocarbon solvents?
2) Does it rain a lot where you live and do you ride in the rain?

I have a 2000 Sprint ST with (45K miles) and have never had this or much or
any aother serious problems.

My problems have been:
1) a broken neutral light that stayed on all the time. (five minute fix at
the dealer)
2) A broken fuel line from a drop on the track,
3) An oil leak on the left side of the engine, letting oil get sucked into
the air box. Fixed under warrenty.
4) wears out tires too fast (1800-5K miles) and has poor ground clearance
that has had me remove the peg feelers and scraped the left fairing lower to
the point it's almost completely worn  through.
5) not as stable as a VFR/ST4s in the HS sweepers.OTOH, it turns quicker on
tight turns.