Re: [ST] Hello?

- --part1_5b.63a3f7b7.2f468e71_boundary

I havent been for a ride for months now and its really starting to have a bad
effect on me.
And my Pillion in a Million.

Just before christmas we were riding home. It was pissing down rain, very
dark on an unlit but familiar road. (The Wakehurst Parkway, for those in the
know). We were soggy, but happily chatting on the intercom and looking forward to
a hot shower and hot meal.

At a mere 60kmph we hit a hole in the road caused by the downpour.  We hit it
really hard, so I guessed that it was quite deep. We stayed upright. Just.
And continued home.

The next day revealed that the front wheel had a split about five inches long
on the left side and was deformed by about 1.5 inches at the worst point. The
bead of the tyre was still inside the wheel by about three millimetres. How
it stayed inflated is anybodies guess. Anyone believe in Guardian Angels?
The back wheel also took a hard knock but was repairable.

So now it was a numbers game.

A new front wheel is $1200.00! A claim on my insurance is $300.00. So I
managed to convince them to fix a bunch of other stuff as well and watched my blue
beauty disappear on the back of a truck.

It is all moving along but the relevent people are REALLY dragging the chain.
I have an XJ 600 with 86,000kms on it as a loan bike, its fun to ride, but
just not the same.

I can fully empathise with all you people who are snowed in.

I'm running out of outlets to channel my frustration. I had no idea I would
miss my Sprint so much.

I'm still on a motorcycle, but what you ride definately does matter!

Stay upright,
Brett
Sydney
'99 Sprint ST (eventually, one day, I will see it again...I'm sure.....)

- --part1_5b.63a3f7b7.2f468e71_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
I havent been for a ride for months now and its really starting to have a ba=
d effect on me. <BR>
And my Pillion in a Million.<BR>
<BR>
Just before christmas we were riding home. It was pissing down rain, very da=
rk on an unlit but familiar road. (The Wakehurst Parkway, for those in the k=
now). We were soggy, but happily chatting on the intercom and looking forwar=
d to a hot shower and hot meal.<BR>
<BR>
At a mere 60kmph we hit a hole in the road caused by the downpour.&nbsp; We=20=
hit it really hard, so I guessed that it was quite deep. We stayed upright.=20=
Just. And continued home.<BR>
<BR>
The next day revealed that the front wheel had a split about five inches lon=
g on the left side and was deformed by about 1.5 inches at the worst point.=20=
The bead of the tyre was still inside the wheel by about three millimetres.=20=
How it stayed inflated is anybodies guess. Anyone believe in Guardian Angels=
?<BR>
The back wheel also took a hard knock but was repairable.<BR>
<BR>
So now it was a numbers game. <BR>
<BR>
A new front wheel is $1200.00! A claim on my insurance is $300.00. So I mana=
ged to convince them to fix a bunch of other stuff as well and watched my bl=
ue beauty disappear on the back of a truck.<BR>
<BR>
It is all moving along but the relevent people are REALLY dragging the chain=
. I have an XJ 600 with 86,000kms on it as a loan bike, its fun to ride, but=
 just not the same.<BR>
<BR>
I can fully empathise with all you people who are snowed in.<BR>
<BR>
I'm running out of outlets to channel my frustration. I had no idea I would=20=
miss my Sprint so much.<BR>
<BR>
I'm still on a motorcycle, but what you ride definately does matter!<BR>
<BR>
Stay upright,<BR>
Brett<BR>
Sydney<BR>
'99 Sprint ST (eventually, one day, I will see it again...I'm sure.....)<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
- --part1_5b.63a3f7b7.2f468e71_boundary--