RE: [ST] The power of the internet to adbvance baseless rumour and unfounded inuendo.

>From: "Andrew F. Kay, Jr. " <captainquack@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>There's one born every minute........
>
>Hydrogen Dioxide, a nearly universal solvent, is responsible for
>thousands of deaths annually, destroys metals, especially aboard ships
>and boats, results in numerous floods and other catastrophes.  WATER
>must be banned.
>
>I suppose from a strictly scientific standpoint it is probably properly
>named Dihydrogen Oxide or somesuch, but I like the way it sounded the
>first way better.  Makes as much sense as Barbra Streisand's nuclear
>power policies. 8>)

Ahhhhh, Andy, they tried to clue you but you just didn't pick up on it
didja??

You got's your element confused

Hydrogen Dioxide, one hydrogen atom, Two oxygen atoms   H O2

Dihydrogen Oxide, TWO Hydrogen atoms, ONE oxygen atom  H2 O

Now which of the above is water?

Hydrogen Dioxide is what we expell after breathing, and is what makes the
trees grow  :-))

eL Donut
jinete en la tormenta

STeve Duncan