RE: [ST] Actual RIDE report :)

Am I requested to post rides???  I'm so sorry I did not post the Bay
Area RAT pack ride I took a week ago last Saturday.  It was a really
nice day, 'bout 70?F, colder in the morning...We left CalMoto around 10
AM going to the Panicles.  No one seemed to know how to get there
without spending allot of time on the super slab.  I had an idea, so I
led (never did that before...) down 101 to a new exit-Bailey Road.  We
went up Bailey Road to Calero Reservoir...so far very boring roads
except for the last climb...we followed McKean to Uvas, no one in front
of me and a nice pace, coming to Uvas reservoir we caught a slow
car...he finally pulled over and let us pass just in time for the last
few curves and on to Watsonville Road.  No one on Watsonville Road so we
blew through the 2 sets of 35 mph S turns at 'bout 60mph and on to
Gilroy.  I zig-zaged them through Gilroy to Balsa Road for some more
twisties, Highway 25 was open (to make what could have been a terrible
left) so we zoomed on it faster then I ever did.  Skirted Hollister to
Cienaga Circle (Hollister Hills).  Great road with lots of
twisties...and on to Tres Pinos for lunch (100 miles, a little over 2
hours).
After lunch, Highway 25 from Tres Pinos to the Panicles.  I was not
going to lead any more and found myself way behind the group through
some curves out of Tres Pinos...the group was out of site.  I hit these
long straight a ways with slow down hills followed by slow up hills-a
long line of sight.  Triple digit speed (in mph not kph) and I came to
the group again.  Through the twisties at the end of the run and I
realized that the pace I set at the beginning was slow...this group
wants to move...
A quick stop in the park and back to Tres Pinos...more speed...the group
broke into 2 with the faster riders smoking me and the few other slower
riders.  Gas at Tres Pinos and I led the group back to 101 on some
straight farm roads.  I put on 225 miles, the rest of the group road
back from Gilroy without me.
It has rained in SJ since and I have not had dry to clean the bugs of my
RS...My first run with a RAT pack was great.

>From: "Denis Liakos" <denoose@xxxxxxx>
>
>Thanks for the ride report, STeve.  I was able to swap the Battery
Tender
>from my ST to the Speed Triple today, and the red light turned to green
in
>less than 3 minutes!!
>

>Pretty exciting stuff, I know....
>
>22 degrees in Connecticut, snow tomorrow
>

>ya bastid!!

Oh, I guess I did not mention what the actual temp was here yesterday,
did
I?

It was 85f   :-)

sorry to insult to injury