[ST] Ride report (sort of)

After too many weeks of not having a weekend where I could go riding, I
thought having an extra day off this weekend might be the ticket. Last
weekend I was in the Bay Area and I had brought down the rear wheel of
my Sprint to get new rubber at Road Rider. So yesterday when the
weather started clearing, I decided to go out to the garage and
reinstall the wheel. First thing I noticed was that Road Rider mounted
the tire backwards. Damn!  They're 350 miles away, so it's not like I
can just run down there and call do over! I'm going to ask that they
reimburse me for getting it remounted up here.

I thought about taking out the quad, but it was parked behind the
Sprint, and I didn't feel like mounting the tire just so I could move
it and then have to take it off again.

Fortunately, I always have more than one back up plan. I took the KLR
out and pointed it east with no real destination in mind. I discovered
yet another wonderful dirt backroad, Redwood House Road, that runs the
back way from Carlotta to Bridgeville, making a very hilly loop off of
Hwy 36. Beautiful cascades, wonderful transitions from deep redwood
forests to oak studded hills, and scenic farm vistas. The road was in
perfect condition, just wet enough to keep the dust down, but not real
muddy. I spotted several locations that will be great for future
photoshoots, and I'm anxious to return when the wildflowers start
blooming.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned