From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Rupert Galea
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:02 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] In Search of the Illusive MC Content

<<SNIP>>
However without the fairing in the way I can now lean further. At my
first track day the fairing was touching and I was just catching the peg
feelers. After sorting out the suspension before my second track day the
peg feelers were hitting pretty hard. They are quite long so I removed
them. This helped but I still touch the foot pegs down occasionally and
since they are aluminium, compared to the steel feelers, they wear down
quickly. I think I could avoid this if I was smoother or perhaps by
adding more preload or getting a better shock.

I think that at this point getting my knee down is more a question of
getting off the bike more than leaning the bike over further.
Rupert