[ST] Helmets, footpegs, etc

I have owned AGV, Arais, Shoeis, Nolans, Bieffes, and a variety of other
helmets. My latest is an HJC SyMax. The only one that I can say
definitely saved my life wa the AGV. I went straight over the bars with
a classic Flying-W off my ThunderAce at about 60 and landed square on
the top of my head. I lost about an inch in height that day from spinal
compression. The helmet and leathers worked well! I broke a bone in my
hand--never wear gloves without carbon fiber knuckle guards on the back!
And dislocated my collar bone when my head twisted and shoved the helmet
down on it. I got onthe pillion of my riding partner's Ninja and he took
me home, 60 miles away.
My last Arai was ripped off,  and I still have a Shoei, which I really
like better than the Arai. My favorite thing about the Arai was the
little retractable chin piece that keeps the cold air off your chin. I
like the quietness, comfort, and lightness of the Shoei. The HJC is
noisier and colder, mostly because of the flip-up front, but then I got
if for less than half price of the other two. There is an article by Dr.
Hurt, who did the original Hurt Report about motorcycle accidents back
in about '70, in the latest MCN, that says DOT requirements for testing
is all the head can stand and the the Snell certs are definite overkill.
Works for me
As for dragging footpegs, in my canyon strafing days, I drug footpegs on
the majority (all?) of my sportbikes, Ducati, Fireblades, the
aforementioned ThunderAce, T3 SpeedTriple and the RS. The peg feelers
eventually fell of the RS with the end of the pegs! The Speed Triple
lost one, too. Bottom line is that Sprint RSs will drag their pegs
without any problem, and in fact, use a bit more clearance!
Bare