From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
aronnmail-list@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:38 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Jackin' the RS

So, I'll admit my maintenence newbieness on the RS by
asking a pretty simple question:
What's the best way to get the front wheel up in order
to get the wheel off?

I finally invested in a rear end lift (previous/first
bike had a centerstand, so no need for it there),
which works fine...but I don't have a solution for the
front yet.
If I have to shell out another $90 for a front end
lift, I'll do it, but I'd hoped to avoid such.  I
didn't, upon quick inspection, see where a front end
lift would attach, anyhow.
I'd hoped to put the rear on the lift then put a jack
under the crankcase to get the front up, but there
appear to be too many sensitive bits underneath
there--oil filter and some metal hoses.

So, what do others do?  I just want to get the wheel
off for a tire change.

Thanks,
- -Aron

*   *