[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #833

 for Rod - 'acceptable risk'

 >>> Sorry but the relavence to the topic in this entire paragraph
escapes me? <<<

   The first sentence read "I can't imagine anything which varies
more between individuals than what "should be" acceptable risk!".
The rest of the paragraph dealt with examples;... what therein did
you find irrelevant?

 for STeve Duncan -

 >>> not really sure how I got dragged into this dick measuring
contest <<<

  Sorry about the misunderstanding Dunc; I used your name as a
credible lister in case Rod might be interested (he wasn't) to know
what kind of roads we were accustomed to out here, not to compare
possible riding skills.  Was also unsuccessful at interesting him in
the useful skills and rollicking fun to be had from Supercamp. He
seems to be one of those referred to in Proverbs 16:22.

  Surely let us forego a dick measuring contest!  It's too much like
the concept of 'acceptable risk';... does one use length, diameter or
volume as the criteria?  It's important, because I was once compared
to a can of Vienna (cocktail) sausages.

  As we once observed, the fast guys are easy to identify;... they
fly to the races at someone else's expense and ride bikes that they
neither own nor maintain.  The rest of us are the slow guys.  We've
both seen those who, for some unfathomable reason, bust their butt
trying to claw their way to the front of our slow group.  Callow
youth!  Going to make the Canadian Rocky Mtn Triumph Tour with us?

                                     Cheers;

                                        doggydoo   - - - o&\o