[ST] Logging Truck

>Anyway, glad to hear that you survived that one. At the beginning of the
>story I thought it was going to be a 18' dia. log coming off. Those
>trucks scare the bejeezus out of me.
>
>As for your SUV, one would imagine that not only was the radiator
>destroyed but the upholstery was severely stained.

Well, it all happened so quick, and since it was a logging truck, it
didn't occur to me that what I saw bouncing was a piece of metal!  I
thought I had a fighting chance against a chunck of wood, and I could
tell it probably wasn't going to get high enough to get my windshield,
so I wasn't as scared as I probably should have been.  I was initially
mad as a hornet that the guy hadn't cleaned his truck well enough to get
that piece of "wood" off of it!

Just to let you know the extent of damage a one foot piece of metal can
do to a Yukon XL, my repair estimate is in excess of $4,000.00 . . . .

Lisa