[ST] Logging Truck . . . .

Lisa, a bike cop out here got killed by a lump of wood about two winters ago.
He was following a truck carrying firewood on the freeway, a piece fell off
bounced once on the road and sconed him.  It knocked him out cold and both he
and his bike went into the rock wall (at freeway speeds).  I've been travelling
that same freeway for 18 years and I whole-heartedly agree with the 'stay the
f*ck away from trucks' sentiment.  Most of the drivers are high on something or
half asleep, their rigs are often unroadworthy and they drive in a manner that
someone would knowing that if they are in an accident they will walk away
unscathed.  To my knowledge the asshole that wasted the bike cop has never been
caught, in any case at least he's still breathing!

Mick in Aus.