RE: [ST] IMS show pics and info (longish)

Previously, I said:

<<I'm going out for some mountain carving tomorrow, so I'll know whether or
not I like them better than my current plugs by the evening.>>

Ok, I can't speak highly enough about these earplugs!  6 hours of riding
with only 3 breaks, and it hardly feels like I had earplugs in.  Normally,
at this point I would have a massive head/ear ache, and my ears would feel
clogged up with a slight ringing going on.  Today, I'm noticing that my
helmet slightly pinches my ears onto my glasses; that minor helmet
discomfort used to be completely overwhelmed by earplug discomfort.

As for noise reduction, I can tell that they don't quite block noise as well
as my 33dB earplugs when I get a perfect seal (which is probably less than
0.5% of the time).  They do block noise MUCH better than the average seal I
get from the disposable plugs.  I don't seem to have any ringing despite
some fairly high speeds and a good bit of wind buffeting.

Granted, my disposable earplugs were something like $25 for 250 pair, so it
will take years and years before I hit a break-even point at $68 (assuming I
don't lose them); however, the fact that I can wear them comfortably for
hours and hours, I can get a perfect seal every time without any effort, and
they don't pop out when I yawn, clearly makes this the best M/C related
purchase I've made in 2005.  Oh, wait, it's only Jan 9...oh, heck, it's
probably the best for 2004 as well.

I can see that using a local doctor to make them would be beneficial,
especially if you are having speakers installed.  For just plugs, local doc
or traveling gypsy, you probably won't go wrong.  Either way, go get some
made.  You'll be amazed at the difference!

  - Dave