Re: [ST] Fwd: Long Way Round

i was wondering if the Tiger would have been a potential choise from
the members of this list. I have not tried the tiger so i was
wondering if it could stand up to the BMW on this trip.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:24:56 -0800, Blake Sobiloff
<sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2005, at 7:34 AM, iPat wrote:
> > excuse me, im having problems with this Gmail lark. Did this get
> > through to the list?
>
> Yep.
>
> > on top of it, what alternative would there have been to the bmw's?
> > could a tiger have done it?
>
> They tried for KTMs, but after hearing about their route and the time
> of year they wanted to travel, KTM decided that they probably wouldn't
> successfully complete the trip.  Thus, they declined to provide them
> with motorcycles.  BMWs were their second choice.  I never heard
> Triumph mentioned as an option.
> --
> Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> San Mateo, CA (USA)

- --
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow
"Truth is a pathless land. Man cannot come to it through any
organisation, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual,
nor through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He
has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the
understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and
not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection..."