From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matt
Knowles
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 4:57 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Fwd: Long Way Round

My choice would have been a KLR650. Went solo to Alaska on one without
a problem. Regrettably sold it at the end of the trip, but bought
another one when I moved to Ferndale. No problems with that one either,
other than a few lost bolts due to vibration. The KLR has been the most
durable bike I've ever owned. It's also at least a hundred pounds
lighter than the BMW  and Triumph offerings, and if you've ever ridden
off road, you know that is pretty important.

On Jan 11, 2005, at 1:36 PM, iPat wrote:

> i was wondering if the Tiger would have been a potential choise from
> the members of this list. I have not tried the tiger so i was
> wondering if it could stand up to the BMW on this trip.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned

*   *