RE: [ST] Blue Ridge Parkway feasible mileage in a day?

Hey Bryce,

I just did the BRP on my way to the Dragon from Arlington, VA.  I didn't
look up where exactly you are heading, but this information might be
useful.  First, I would't hit Skyline Drive (the pay section of the BRP
in VA).  The speed limit is lower, the traffic is higher, and the cops
monitor more closely.  I left from next to the Pentagon (where I live)
at 5AM and met some Tiger riders near Fredericksburg.  We then headed
across the state and down 29.  There are lots of good roads to get you
down to the BRP.  Once on the BRP, you go relatively slow (compared to
other highways) because of the winding road and the speed limit.  But
you can do some more mileage because you are actually moving around in
your seat.  Also, the scenery is great.  We took some time and stopped
for a few pictures as well.  By 6PM we had made Stanton?, NC.  We could
have gone further and made Asheville, but decided to call it a day.
On the way back from the Dragon, we took mostly biways and some
highways, and blasted all the way from the Dragon home (9AM to 11:30
PM).

I'll try to look up some more specifics for towns and stuff on the map
when I get a chance.  If you have some more questions, feel free to
email me directly.  Also, since you are in the area, email
dcrats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, if you haven't joined the group.  Mike Puig is
one of the guys I travelled with, and know the route VERY well.

Matt Heyer