[ST] Incontinent Scottoiler

A year or so ago someone mentioned a Scottoiler that continued to drip after
the engine was shut off. Mine has recently had several problems, including
that one, and also failing to drip when the engine was running. Part of my
trouble may have been due to oil that somehow got up into the vacuum line, that has
been cleared out, and part may have been sludge in the oil line, which I
flushed with kerosene. However I think the symptoms could also be due to the needle
developing stiction in its up-and-down travel, so I set it on "purge", and
with  engine running disconnected and reconnected the vacuum line from the
resevoir a few times, to move the needle up and down through its full excursion.
This seems to have helped-it is not dripping at present, but I haven't ridden
the bike enough to give it a good test yet.
If the person who previously mentioned the engine-off drip is still on the
list, would he tell us if he cured it, and, if so, how? Dave Collins, San Diego

End of st-digest V2004 #744