[ST] RE: (ST) Cable lubrication - is the third the charm?

Garry,

Tri-Flow is my weapon of choice:
http://www.triflowlubricants.com/Superior_Drip/superior_drip.html
Probably either the regular or dry variety will work, but m/c
mechanics that I know prefer the former.  The drip bottle works
better than an aerosol, for lubing cables.  Although it comes with an
applicator tube, that only slows down this job.

Disconnect the cable end at the lever and support it in a vertical
position.  Place a rag under the sheath end down at the clutch to
absorb what drains out.  Drip the Tri-Flo down the cable close to the
sheath.  When the fluid level reaches the top of the sheath, work the
cable itself in and out to promote fluid drainage out the bottom of
the housing.  Repeat the application a few times, and allow gravity
to do the rest.  Don't forget to apply some grease to the cable
barrel-end before reinstalling into the clutch lever.

Mike
P.S. Can't believe no one waxed nostalgic about removing cables, and
hanging them overnight with a funnel full of oil taped to the sheath!