Re: [ST] Yahoogroups (attempt 5)

In a previous email, Emile Nossin stated:
> The PC800 mailing list had
> remained at a constant 200 member number before that
> time, but after the yahoogroup move it grew quickly
> and is now approaching the 2000 number.

As I see it, this is the number one reason to not move to yahoo. Yahoo
is so widespread that any idiot can find it and has. If someone is
looking for some good information they will dig a little deeper and find
us. I am on a couple of yahoo groups, the unmoderated ones are, for the
most part, populated by people that can't be arsed to look further for
information. On this list we have a tight-knit community of good people.

If I was looking to join a list, yahoo is not the first place that I
would look. I just went to google and entered "triumph sprint group"
(without the quotes) and triumph.net was number 5. Now if some idiot out
there can't bother to look beyond the first four links then I would
rather not see them here. You found this group. It's quite easy. And you
seem like an intelligent person. (I'm sure that for a pilot you have to
be.) Think of how many idiots have not been able to find us!

My vote is to stay off yahoo.

On a related matter, back when Eric asked for someone to take over I
responded that I would be willing. Now I know that he is a busy person
but I have yet to hear from him.

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap
as they go by."
            -- Will Rogers