Re: [ST] Pro-Oiler

hi Tom
interesting website
i never reseached other options as the scot oiler was the prefferred
choice by the mechanics who advised me and did so more as friends.
you make a good point and one ill ask about concerning wrarrenties but
i know it doesnt affect insurance claims.

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:04:17 EST, Thfwsf@xxxxxxx <Thfwsf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I saw a posting about the Scott oiler and thought I would make a few
> comments about the solution that I choose; the Pro-oiler.
>
> I did some research on this and decided for me the best solution would be
> one that automatically delivered the oil to the chain.  The lubeman
> (spelling) and hawkeoiler, though both very functional, didn't appeal to my
> sometimes forgetful nature.  I wanted something a little more automatic.
> After some looking around and discussions with other individuals, I pretty
> much narrowed my choices to a Scott oiler or a Pro-Oiler.  I didn't like the
> idea of splicing into a vacuum line that might void the warrantee on my
> Triumph.  And I like the ability to adjust the oil flow to the chain on the
> fly.  The Pro-Oiler allowed me to adjust the flow anytime I wanted.  Also,
> it was based on the number of revolutions of the front wheel.  It might be a
> little more, but hey, it's my ride and I'll do what I want to it.
>
> Tom
> Manassas, VA
> '71 Triumph Tiger (in pieces)
> '01 Sprint ST
> www.thfwsf.com

- --
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow
"Truth is a pathless land. Man cannot come to it through any
organisation, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual,
nor through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He
has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the
understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and
not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection..."