Re: [ST] Re: 2002 ST SET UP QUESTIONS

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 16:32 +1100, sprintst_2002@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> G'day folks - Harry from Sydney - OZ.
>
> Have a T/Red 2002, 18k miles ( about 30k klm ) I'm soon heading off on
> a +5000 klm trip from Sydney to Tasmania, tour the island for 7 days
> then back to Melbourne (by ferry)) Great Ocean Road, long way back -
> taking another 7 days to Sydney. Some of the best touring country on
> this planet (IMHO)
> I will be taking my wife who weighs in about 130 lbs, I'm about 160 lbs
> plus a tank bag and two bags on the rear rack - total about another 40
> lbs of baggage.  Some questions:
> 1/. Any similar weighted riders, what suspension settings for mid to
>     agressive riding style. Lots of twisties on this trip.

I tended to leave my 2003 ST on the hard settings all the time.
Otherwise you will be bottoming out the suspension all the time and
grinding the fairing on bends. I've since fitted am Ohlins on the rear
and Raceteched the front. Noe it's much better. Still on quite hard
settings though. It's just a lot firmer and progressive on the damping.
- --
simonb <simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx>