RE: [ST] Who is taking over etc

> Which archive? As far as I know the archive is non existant,
> at least it says this on the Triumpnet ST site:
> "Archives no longer in service"
> http://www.seaotter.com/searchst.html

Simon set it up on his own using digest archives that people had kept.
This is independent of Eric or the list
http://sportstourer.org/static_html/mailarchive/
It is running on one of his own machines using his own connection.

There is much invaluable information in the archives. Without a
searchable archive or an updated website many of the same questions get
asked and answered over and over again.

> One could create something on the groupsite, or just
> make their own page and site. Nice thing about yahoogroups
> is that every member can add/edit/delete their own links
> to those kinda (classified) sections. Nice idea!

I do not think Yahoo groups could be used to support a classified
section.

> - The website needs to be completely updated anyway
>
> But by whom? The dependency on one person has shown the
> possible consequence...

I offered to do this as did several other people on this list. At $80 a
year money is not the issue. We do not need sponsors. I like the idea of
sharing the responsibility between a couple of people but it practice
this may not work well. Someone mentioned using content management
software. This is an interesting possibility.

Eric has not been actively involved since I joined 1.5 years ago.

This list has provided me with invaluable information and saved me
money. I have detailed my experiences in the hope that it will help
others.
http://www.rgalea.com/bikes/st/index.html
But ideally this information should be in a centralized place.

Rupert