Re: [ST] A few requests (cross posted on yahoo and triumphnet)

- --Apple-Mail-3--578389120

On 24 Jan 2005, at 09:51, BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Is there anyone here that is still living, breathing, eating,
> sleeping, drinking, merry making with their Sprint and any other form
> of two wheels that puts a grin from ear to ear by the twist of the
> right wrist and the disappearing twisty bitumen (asphalt) and the view
> of a horizon that just seems to beckon forever???

Yesterday was a classic winter day here in UK - clear sky with
excellent light, not much wind and dry roads... (and *cold* (well not
USA cold, but cold by our feeble standards...)).  So just had to go -
high speed blast from my home near Maidenhead UK to Winchester and
back.  Some dual carriage way, some good A roads (especially in the
rolling landscape near Winchester), and lots of fun roundabout games
(especially the totally mad set around the A34 / M4 junction - great
fun to go around... but quite why there are so many huddled together
there is a mystery).  The low sun in the sky also made me feel sooo
good about having a Schuberth S1 helmet with the natty built in sun
visor :) (which is, surely, the finest helmet known to mankind... :D ).

For reasons that I can't work out, it seems colder when you go slower
on my ST... (but fortunately, so far, I have not had to try out that
particular excuse on the local constabulary...)

I think these sort of cold dry days are some of the best biking days
going: good traction, not too hot, and no bugs.  What more can you ask
for?  Those misguided who don't ride in winter simply don't know what
they are missing...

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03
- --Apple-Mail-3--578389120

that is still living, breathing, eating, sleeping, drinking, merry
making with their Sprint and any other form of two wheels that puts a
grin from ear to ear by the twist of the right wrist and the
disappearing twisty bitumen (asphalt) and the view of a horizon that
just seems to beckon forever???</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>