RE: [ST] A few requests (cross posted on yahoo and triumphnet)

>From: sprint_st@xxxxxxx
>Emile, have you got a lot of time on your hands and just trying
>to play games with the members of this list?

Yes, lots of time. Reserve today. Play games? Not at all,
dead serious. I'm offering an alternative view. It's not
up to me what happens with the idea, I think most members
have already shown what to do with that.

>Hey guys, take a look at www.piloot.com, Emile's web site. You don't have
>to be a shrink to get to know a lot about Emile from that site.  Then
>think about this, how many guys on this list who have never flown an
>airplane (but maybe wanted to) would have the disrespect to join a pilot's
>list and tell them how to run their list.

I fail to see the connection here, Rod. Pilots in general are not
that smart, plenty have no idea how to run a list. Hosting a group
is something else than riding a bike or flying...duh. In this case
it's not me hosting anything, that's the cool thing about yahoogroups.
The group is hosting itself and can pass on owner/moderator status
with the press of a button (that I can do quite good now, pressing
buttons :-)). A group ran by the group itself instead of a holy owner
that happens to be too busy (I'm not blaming him for anything though,
at least someone had the energy to create a list at all).

>I'm not trying to demean Emile in any way, but this list is primarily, 90%
>or so American plus a few crazies from Austrailia or GB that blend right in.

It's also people from Austria and France and I'm not the only Dutch guy on
this list. It is obvious who shouts the loudest though... ;-). Again, what
point are you trying to make?

>Hey Emile, do you know what Deals Gap, Hill Country, or Big Sur is?

Well, if you yourself would have taken a look at my site as well you
would have seen I have lived in South Carolina for 6 months for my
flight training. I have been on vacation thru the smokey mountains
before, although I didn't go to Deals Gap then. I flew over it plenty
of times though. I would love to ride the dragon, but from the videos
I've seen it's not all that special compared to other countries I've
ridden. Have you ridden in the Alps, Pyrenees, Norway, in South Africa?

A friend of mine lives and works for http://www.sporttouringusa.com ,
part of the Deals Gap Motorcycle resort (population 6 I believe,
including him): www.dealsgap.com . Together with him and lots of
others I've ridden thru California twice, including Big Sur. Did
the Pacific Coast highway nr.1 with a ST1100 and later with a borrowed
PC800. Also went thru Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Monitor pass and up to
Oregon. Great road riding up Mount Shasta :-). All those pics are
online as well, the last California trip is not sorted though. That
was around 09/11 actually, a riding friend from Boston was in the
second 767 that hit the WTC, on his way to meet us...

But are you trying to make a point here?

>For that matter, how much do you know about trail braking or throttle
>control in a turn?  AND, I would bet a paycheck that 99% of the guys on
>this list don't GAS about your trip to France.

I know about those techniques, but I've never resorted to power-sliding.
On the ST1100 that was kinda hard as well with the TCS. I'm a sporty
rider, but not a track rider. Well, I did ride the Tmax last year on
the Grand Prix racing circuit of Assen. Had to race MV Agustas, R1's,
R1100S's with racing cans and the like. I'm sure I was way underpowered
compared to all of them, still I left 7 people behind me concerning
fastest lap time. Sure I would have done better with a Sprint, but
power doesn't matter when your riding around Big Sur or Deals Gap.
GAS about France? If only 1% would have experience in the region
of France I'm looking at, that would be enough. I don't know what
the word gas means in this respect though...

>I'm trying to be polite and say Emile, you chose the wrong group of guys
>to associate with.  That's what this list is, a geographically disjointed
>group of friends.

So I chose a wrong group because your prejudice tells you I'm probably
a slow fart on an underpowered scooter that hasn't ridden anywhere and
probably spents too much time in the "coffeeshops"? Do you actually
know where Holland is? Have you heard about the Furkapass, about the
Lysefjord, the Lærdal? These videos you'll love:
http://www.roadmc.com/default.asp?pub=0&sub=6&labb=US
Here's the Lysefjord: http://piloot.smugmug.com/photos/3253726-L.jpg

Thanks for trying to be polite, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it
one day :-).

Emile
www.piloot.com