Re: [ST] Dead Serious

im in the north east of scotland (aberdeen) and the roads have been
pretty good. Still hose the bike down every day but its been a dry
month which has meant a lot of sh*t on the tarmac but otherwise ok.
dont know where you are in scotland steve.

in UK magazines, i constantly read that ST riders tend to ride all
year round. True

But STeve, i must point out something that may rile folks. Not so long
ago, A guy called jack was touring and updating us on his trip through
Arkansas. Using modern technology he was able to keep accounts of it
going in a way that a few years ago would have been unheard of. Still
people took him to task over paragraphs and he didnt post again,
although he did send his final bit to me privately.

while i sent several mails that never made it to the list, the worst
thing i felt about the list was the way in which he was treated. Sure
people have habits and ways that i dont agree with but thats the charm
of an international mailing list that focuses on the habits of driving
a british bike, but that moment was a low imho.

the fact that Jack took the time and effort to contribute is what
makes any list function. So i guess people forgot this.

if two lists exist then that is because it suits some while not
others. It doesnt affect this list really and the best answer is to
start making this list 'alive'.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:15:36 +0000, Stephen McSpadden >
> Where I am in the UK, it is now still daylight at 4pm and the salt on the
> roads is less than 1cm thick. I think it's time to come out to play.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stephen (Spud) McS.
> '02 BRG ST - Scotland (thawing)

- --
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow
"Truth is a pathless land. Man cannot come to it through any
organisation, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual,
nor through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He
has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the
understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and
not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection..."