Re: [ST] Loosing Grip - NOT posted on ya-hoo

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:38:26 +0000, Stephen McSpadden
> Up where you live Pat, the council are probably better at dealing with
> cold, dry weather. It's probably wetter down here, so we get a lot more
> surface frost damage (potholes you could break a wheel in no problem) and
> mud / run-off from fields is a real problem out where I stay. That and the
> local haulage company taking 40 tonne 18-wheelers down a narrow, twisting
> road with a bridge rated at 7.5 tonnes. But that's a rant for another day.

This time last year i was searching for a replacement for my ST. There
were 3 that matched the bill in Scotland and i decided on one from Two
Wheels in Edinburgh. Driving it up i noticed how poor the roads were
once i got into Aberdeenshire. Awful.
Its wetter west side but we have that damn wind from Norway ; )

> As a matter of interest, who is your local Triumph dealer now?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Spud.

Shirlaws, although i tend to use McGowans for most of my bits and bobs
out of loyalty over 20 odd years

Looking forward to doing that road to Oban where you turn left at Loch
Lomond and saty over at the George hotel in Invereray. Then up to Fort
William and up Loch Ness to Inverness and back down over the
Cairngorms to Aberdeen. What a drive that is!
- --
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow
"Truth is a pathless land. Man cannot come to it through any
organisation, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual,
nor through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He
has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the
understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and
not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection..."