Re: [ST] for Chris - RS 'malignant growth' decals

Thanks DoggyDo I'll give it a go.  Hopefully the replacement fairing is
newer.

Swapping the bike is a bit OTT though.  I'm quite attached to it.

Chris Harwood
00 Eclipse RS

>>> donnydogood@xxxxxxx 26/01/2005 18:41:28 >>>

 >>> has anyone any advice on how to remove the RS decals from the
side panels <<<

    On my 2000 RS these were clear-coated over and I had to have them
professionally sanded off and painted over.  These Homerically fugly
decals were, in my opinion, the cause of the decline in sales of the
RS - hugely popular in it's first year - and eventual elimination
from Triumph's line.

    On my 2002, they were NOT clearcoated over and I was able to
remove them with a hair dryer.  I found the secret was to use the
edge of a credit card (preferably expired) to get under the decal and
then be VERY careful to rip the decal as little as possible and TRY
to remove it more or less in one piece.  Once you get the idea, it
goes pretty well;... it took me over a half-day to remove the first
one but only an hour or so to do the second.

    My advice to you is to trade for a 2002 RS, you get not only the
new engine but the 'malignant growth' looking decals are removable!
=80)

                                    doggydoo   - - - o&\o

 *   *