Re: [ST] Loosing Grip - NOT posted on ya-hoo

> <<So the question is this: Does the front tire's loss of grip indicate an
> inherent problem with setup* or is it just the nature of the beast in
> slippery conditions?  Any thoughts?

I was reading one of the MC rags a while back and losing the front seems to
be a significant cause of race accidents.  Apparently some riders are more
prone to it than others.  I think but not positive that they said Wayne
Rainey had problems with this.  In any event, I've had the front slide (not
fun) because of sand on the road but diesel, gas, water or gravel should all
be able to do the deed.   But I think the real answer to your question is
all of the above.  If a pro racer can do it, us mortals should be able to do
it to, only not know how we did it :-)  Then bad setup could contribute.

Rod