Re: [ST] Re: 2002 SPRINT ST - REAR AXLE WARNING

I've mentioned this before, but it's probably worth warning about
again. The bearing failure isn't just affecting the years that they
recalled for. My '99 suffered the same problem, fortunately I was only
going about 10 mph went it locked and I didn't go down. But if you
start hearing a whine from the back end that's not related to your
passenger, stop and trailer it home. I first noticed it going around
corners and it sounded like brakes when they wear down to metal on
metal. I thought I could nurse it home after stopping and not finding
anything obvious. 20 miles down the road it locked up. The bike had
about 20K miles on it at the time.

On Jan 26, 2005, at 9:12 PM, sprintst_2002@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Riding on Wed Jan 26 (my birthday) with my girlfriend on the back the
> rear axle bearing locked up
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned