RE: [ST] Front & Rear suspension; PMS

> damping in a shock degrades gradually and you get
> used to it and you don't really realize how bad it
is

I was 'shocked' (ahem) when my RS failed it's MOT for
an underdamped rear. It had leaked and had NO damping
at all, but it must have happened gradually cos I
hadn't even noticed. Even though my girlfriend had
been complaining for some time about 'harshness'! It
failed somewhere between 24k and 30k miles.

So I'm the one who bought the bespoke Hagon shock.
They built it and fitted it for me, taking into
account my weight (considerable) and my height
(inconsiderable). Think 'gorilla'. It has a beefier
spring and it's about 1" shorter than stock. And it's
beautiful - I don't even notice it, it does it's job
so well. It has adjustable preload (which they set up
for me) and rebound damping (which I haven't touched)
but no compression damping adjustment. But then I
don't do track days, so it has all I need for touring.
Hagon can be found at:

http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/main1st.htm

I haven't checked to see if they list the RS yet, but
be assured they do do it. Mine was the first, so I got
a very good deal, but they're inexpensive anyway.

Barry
2000 RS

P.S. PMS? In the UK we call that PMT, though I didn't
know blokes could get it!